Friday 4 March 2016

GPP3 - Starters - Photoshop Tennis

“Photoshop Tennis”. Is a virtual game whereby students work in pairs to correct one [1] image emailed back and forth to each other. Once each partner has three [3] serves, the game is over and the final image is uploaded and shared to the Discussion Forum.
Posted on the GPP3 blog 22/02/16: ‘Hi there; christiansfrost72@gmail.com if anyone wants to hit an image on over’.

Specifications for the project are 72pi and a max. 700 pixels wide.

I received an email from Craig McKercher. Craig’s blog can be found: http://craigmckercher.blogspot.com.au/ In his introduction post, Craig said that he is inspired by Egyptian Mythology, so I suggested that we use one of the photos I took in Egypt. We created a shared folder in google drive and I dropped in a few images of the pyramids, the Sphinx, some inscriptions and a couple of the sky/clouds. Craig selected an image of the Sphinx with the Khufu Pyramid in the background and made his first adjustments.




Photoshop is a program used by professionals in a wide variety of industries. I have learnt that there is a lot to learn about Photoshop. Sometimes there a few ways to achieve the same result, but knowing which technique works best in certain situations enhances your capabilities. 

There are many tutorials freely available on the web. I started with the basics and introductory videos.  Terry White https://www.youtube.com/user/terrywhitetechblog
have very well produced videos. Once comfortable, I jumped in and made my first edits.

I have now viewed over 100 videos, most between 1-10min long. I have begun practicing techniques and digital drawings following tutorial videos, producing new images https://csfrost.tumblr.com brushes, texture patterns, gradients as well as saving template settings during the process.

If I understood the blending options and tools better, I would have added some Hieroglyphics to the image. However, my limited skills produced poor results so I left them out, settling for a glow around the pyramid and horizon.

Time for more tutorial videos and much more practice.

CSFrost



No comments:

Post a Comment